Saturday, April 23, 2016

What GEN 2243 Has Taught Me

     Sadly, GEN 2243 is coming to an end this coming Wednesday. I can honestly say I have learned so much throughout the semester in this class in particular. I have not only become more acquainted with tools such as Prezi but also developed a PLN and tips on making my PLN grow. I now know how important social media is in my future career as an educator. I have to be extremely mindful of what I put on social media and always use social media to my advantage.



     My favorite part about GEN 2243 was definitely the Google Hangout sessions. I really loved being able to hear from a variety of professionals from companies such as Microsoft. These sessions taught me so much and allowed me to ask questions personally which I really appreciated. Also, being able to create my own website that I can take with me into my future is helpful in so many ways. Throughout my college career I can add content to my website and use it as a portfolio for future jobs. What I appreciated most about this class was that it allowed me to take what I learned and created and continue to use it in my future. Overall, I definitely recommend that others take GEN 2243 in order to expand their digital portfolio.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments on the Google Hangouts. Having the opportunity to speak with so many cool professionals over the course of the semester was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you because getting different insights from several professionals throughout many professions makes you realize how much opportunity is out their for us. As long as we use social media for professional reasons your digital footprint will be fine!

    ReplyDelete